The District Four Arts Related Small Business & Nonprofit Grant Relief Program has been relaunched, and applications are now being accepted.
The Grant Relief Program will provide support to arts-related small businesses and nonprofit organizations in the Fourth District that suffered economic impacts due to COVID-19 by providing $10,000 or $20,000 (flat rate, single payment) awards to qualifying applicants. The Fourth District includes the cities of Anaheim (portions of), Brea, Buena Park (portions of), Fullerton, La Habra and Placentia and unincorporated areas. Awards will be made on a first come, first served basis.
- Arts related businesses and nonprofits must have no more than 50 employees (FTE).
- Must be a for-profit business or nonprofit organization 501 (c)(3), 501 (c)(6), or 501 (c)(19). For example: visual arts, music, dance, theater, and/or drama with an education component for those under the age of 18 (children’s theater group, dance instruction, music education/lessons, painting, puppetry, pottery, movie making, performing arts, storytelling, mosaic, silk screen, costuming).
- Applicant must have been in operation on February 15, 2020, has not permanently closed.
- Home based businesses are eligible (home mortgage or rent are not permissible expenses).
- Independent contractors and sole proprietors are eligible, but funds cannot be used for salary of the owner, lost profits or lost income.
- Main place of business must be in Orange County, located within the Fourth District geographical boundaries.
- Applicant must have and provide a DUNS number at time of application.
- Applicant must be willing to attest to a statement verifying that the award was used as a response to a negative economic impact of the COVID-19 public health emergency and applicants will be required to return any funds determined to be spent on ineligible expenses by COUNTY.
- Applicant must be willing to attest under penalty of perjury to a statement verifying they are and have been in compliance with all local, state and federal Covid-19 guidelines and orders.
- Funds cannot be used for tax revenue replacement, loan payments or overtime.
- Businesses or nonprofit organizations must be eligible to receive federal funding.
An applicant may select one of two general categories to be considered for grant funds:
- Decline in Revenue: Economic impact due to COVID-19 caused a 25% decline in revenues for the most recent quarter, when compared to a reference quarter that occurred prior to COVID-19.
- COVID-19 Prevention: Grant assistance due to a need to implement COVID-19 prevention or mitigation tactics to adopt safer opening procedures.
Additional Arts Grant Relief Program details and eligibility requirements can be accessed at https://charitableventuresoc.org/artsreliefd4/. For any questions related to the Grant Relief Program, call the Grant Program Administrator Charitable Ventures at (714) 597-6630 X134 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.